Sunday, May 5, 2013

On the road to the old mining town of Jackson

Old Mining Equipment near Jackson
Yesterday I took a leisurly country drive through the rolling hills that define the foothills.  The weather was spectacular, blue sky, the thermometer pushing 70 degrees.  And it's only February!  I was runing an errand with a dear friend who needed my truck to pick up a lovely wicker furniture set she had bought at one of the many antique stores in Jackson.  It is rare nowadays to find an antique store anymore, so many have been forced to close in these lean years.


The National Hotel, Jackson, CA






Anyway it was great fun to take a break and head out on a beautiful day, over the green hills. Creeks were flowing past herds of peacefully grazing cattle, the afternoon's outing promised to be great fun and all was well with the world.
It's only a little over an hour to Jackson, and what a lovely drive it is.


We had a great lunch at a small cafe which publicized itself as a "Farm to table" establishment called "Rosebud's Cafe".
I wasn't sure exactly what that meant...and I was thinking maybe we would be asked to go out back and pick our own veggies.  The mother daughter team that runs it is very nice, and I know we were in for a pleasant experience when I saw the cook smile at me from the kitchen.
                                                                                                          
Rosebud's Cafe, Jackson, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment