Sunday, May 5, 2013

A Horses Prayer

Feed me, give me water, and care for me, and when the day's work is done, give me shelter, a clean bed and a wide stall.
Talk to me.

Your voice often substitutes for the reins for me.
Be good to me and I will serve you cheerfully and love you.
Don't jerk the reins and don't raise the whip.
Don't beat or kick me when I don't understand you, but rather give me time to understand you.
Don't consider it disobedience if I don't follow your commands.
Perhaps there is a problem with my saddle and bridle or hooves.
Check my teeth if I don't eat, maybe I have a toothache. You know how that hurts.
Don't halter me too short and don't dock my tail... it's my only weapon against flies and mosquitoes.
And at the end, dear master, when I am no longer any use to you,
Don't let me go hungry or freeze and don't sell me.
Don't give me a master who slowly tortures me to death and lets me starve, but rather be merciful
and take care of me,
by letting me run and enjoy a warm pasture.

No comments:

Post a Comment